- 1.1 We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors.
- 1.2 This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of our website visitors; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
- 1.4 Our website incorporates privacy controls which affect how we will process your personal data.
- 1.5 In this policy, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to InstaCake Cards Inc.
2. How we use your personal data
- 2.1 In this Section 2 we have set out:
- (a) the general categories of personal data that we may process;
- (b) the purposes for which we may process personal data; and
- (c) the legal bases of the processing.
- 2.2 We may process data about your use of our website and services (“usage data”). The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is our analytics tracking system. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of the website and services. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our website and services.
- 2.9 We may process information relating to transactions, including purchases of goods that you enter into with us through our website (“transaction data”). The transaction data may include your contact details and the transaction details.][ The source of the transaction data is you. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods and services and keeping proper records of those transactions.
- 2.10 We may process information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (“notification data”). The notification data may be processed for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications and/or newsletters.
- 2.1 In this Section 2 we have set out:
3. Providing your personal data to others
- 3.1 We will not and do not disclose any of your personal data to anyone outside of InstaCake Cards Inc.
4. Retaining and deleting personal data
- 4.1 This Section 4 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
- 4.2 Personal data that we process for any purpose shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
- 4.5 Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 4, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- 5.1 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- 5.2 You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
6. About cookies
- 6.1 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- 6.2 Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
7. Cookies that we use
8. Cookies used by our service providers
9. Our details
- 9.1 This website is owned and operated by Instacake Cards Inc.
- 9.2 We are registered in British Columbia, Canada under incorporation number BC1207244, and our registered office is at Unit 2, 1009 Herring Gull Way, Parksville, BC, Canada, V9P 2N1.
- 9.3 Our principal place of business is at the above address.
- 9.4 You can contact us:
- (a) by post, to the postal address given above;
- (b) using our website contact form;
- (c) by telephone, on the number listed on our website
- (d) by email, using the email address published on our website.